Institutional Data: Campus Information Website
Welcome to the Campus Information Website! The Office of the Assistant Vice President for Budget and Planning analyzes, distributes, presents, and integrates information (including fiscal information) used for long-range and short-range strategic planning, decision-making, and policy formulation at Brooklyn College. The division manages internal and external data, ensuring the accuracy of this data before it is communicated to a broad spectrum of users. Additionally, the AVP and his staff respond to diverse requests for information (both internal and external) and assist other Brooklyn College units in financial management, research and assessment methodology, evaluation, and analysis.
Specific responsibilities and goals of the AVP and his staff, which include the Office of Budget and Purchasing and the Office of Institutional Planning, Research, and Assessment (IPRA) include:
- Managing tax-levy budget and purchasing activities.
- Integrating financial information to assist in planning at all levels.
- Developing a multi-year planning and budgeting process.
- Process reengineering of current practices, in collaboration with the Office of the AVP of Human Resources Services.
- Collecting, coordinating, and reporting of information needed for strategic planning and benchmarking efforts.
- Providing analytical support for external reporting, quantitative and qualitative analyses, enrollment management, and retention efforts.
- Maintaining a longitudinal data warehouse containing information needed for analysis.
- Consulting with Brooklyn College units involved in data analysis and outcomes assessment activities.
- Surveying different constituencies to obtain information on institutional processes and outcomes.
- Communicating information in clear and concise formats (web-based and paper) to maximize utilization for decision-making.