Adjunct Faculty Open Rank - Various Departments
Job ID: 3413
Location: Brooklyn College, of the City University of New York (CUNY)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Performs teaching, research, and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise as noted below. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments, performing administrative, supervisory, and other functions as may be assigned.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In order to enlarge and enrich the pool of candidates, from which the College draws adjunct instructional staff, Brooklyn College is seeking curriculum vitae from qualified applicants in the following fields:
- Africana Studies
- Anthropology & Archaeology
- Computer & Information Science
- Education: Early Childhood, Childhood, Childhood Math (methods K-6), Adolescence, School Counseling, School Psychology, Special Education & Educational Leadership
- Health & Nutrition Sciences
- Judaic Studies
- Modern Languages & Literatures
- Physical Education & Exercise Science
- Political Science
- Puerto Rican & Latino Studies
- Speech, Communication Arts & Sciences
- Television & Radio
For Adjunct Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor: Ph.D. degree in area(s) of expertise, or equivalent as noted below. Also required is the ability to teach successfully. For Adjunct Lecturer: A Bachelor's degree in area(s) of expertise and other necessary qualifications as noted below. Also required is the ability to teach successfully.
Experienced adjuncts are preferred.
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online as follows:
• Go to www.cuny.edu and click on “Employment”
• Click “Search job listings”
• Click on “More search options”
• Search by Job Opening ID number 3413
• Click on the “Apply Now” button.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as one document in “rtf”, “doc” or “pdf” format.
Note: We do not accept any application that is sent or emailed to us directly.
Open until filled to augment existing pool. Review of resumes to begin 10/12/10.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer which complies with all applicable laws and regulations, and encourages inclusive excellence in its employment practices.