1. A Stage in His Life: A Chat with Jimmy Smits ’80 (schedule permitting), Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning television, film and stage actor, facilitated by Samuel L. Leiter ’62, distinguished professor emeritus of theater, Brooklyn College.
2. Fashion Photography; Art and Sculpture with Sante D’Orazio ’78, prominent international fashion and editorial photographer and recipient of the Grand Prize, International Festival of Fashion Photography in 1994.
3. How Books Become Films with Michael Cunningham, Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist and screenwriter; former head of the Brooklyn College M.F.A. Program.
4. A Conversation with Actor Steven R. Schirripa ’80 (schedule permitting), television and film actor and author; credits include “Bobby ‘Bacala’ Baccalieri, Jr.” in the HBO series The Sopranos, “Leo Boykewich” in the ABC Family Series The Secret Life of the American Teenager, and host and executive producer of Investigation Discovery’s Nothing Personal.
5. Free Radio vs. Public Radio with Scott Herman ’80, executive vice president of operations, CBS Radio.
6. Secrets of a Serial Entrepreneur with Ted Liebowitz ’79, executive producer of Academy Award-nominated film, The Illusionist and founder of the Liebowitz Entrepreneur Program at Brooklyn College.
7. Contemporary Dining, Emerging Chefs and Restaurateurs of New York City with Michael Lomonaco ’02, executive chef and managing partner, Porter House New York.
8. Acting, Directing and Being Funny, with Didi Conn, film, stage and television actress; credits include “Frenchie” in the movie Grease and “Denise” in the hit television series Benson, and Joel Zwick ’62, television, film and theater director.
9. Key Investment and Economic Inflection Points for 2012 with Martin D. Sass ’63, chairman and CEO, M.D. Sass Investors Services.
10. Should New York City Have Congestion Pricing on Traffic Going into Manhattan’s Central Business District? with Sam Schwartz ’69, CEO, Sam Schwartz Engineering, PLLC., NY Daily News columnist—Gridlock Sam, Brooklyn College Alumni Association 2011 Alumnus of the Year, former traffic commissioner for New York City.
11. Downtown Theater with Young Jean Lee ’05, artistic director of Young Jean Lee’s Theater Company, 2011 Guggenheim fellow and two-time OBIE Award winner, and Mac Wellman, distinguished professor playwriting, Brooklyn College and OBIE Award-winning playwright.
12. The Future of HIV and AIDS with Christian Grov, professor, health and nutrition, Brooklyn College.
13. Zen and the Art of Little Farm Maintenance: A Discussion of Urban Agriculture and Other Joys of Green Life in Brooklyn, with Annie Hauck-Lawson ’78, co-editor Gastropolis: Food and New York City and creator of Brooklyn’s Momspost.
14. Backstage at Boardwalk Empire with Justiin Davis ’11, actor, model and co-star on the HBO Emmy Award-winning hit drama Boardwalk Empire.
15. The Arab Spring, with Moustafa Bayoumi professor, english, Brooklyn College.
16. Managing a Theater with Sarah Benson ’04, artistic director, Soho Repertory Theater, and Tobie Stein ’82, professor and director, graduate program in performing arts management, Brooklyn College.
17. War! What Is It Good For?: Black Freedom Struggles and the U.S. Military from World War II to Iraq with Kimberley L. Phillips, dean, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Brooklyn College.
18. A Cinema School at Steiner Studios for Brooklyn College with Daniel Gurskis, chair, Department of Film, Brooklyn College.
19. Performance Anxiety: The Museum Exhibition and the Pressure to Entertain with Maria Ann Conelli ’80, dean, School of Visual, Media and Performing Arts, Brooklyn College.
20. Election 2012 with Eric Alterman, distinguished professor, journalism and english, Brooklyn College and Leonard Lopate ’67, host of WNYC’s The Leonard Lopate Show.
21. The Creative Artist in You with Dan Fauci ’63, president, Dan Fauci Productions; former head of comedy development, Paramount.
22. Publishing Your Book with Linda Konner ’72, president, the Linda Konner Literary Agency, founded in 1996, representing approximately 75 authors of adult nonfiction books; author and/or co-author of eight books, including, Why Can’t a Man Be More Like a Cat? (Dell) and Your Perfect Weight (Rodale).
23. Omega-3 fats: A Miracle Nutrient? with Steven Clarke, professor, health and nutrition sciences, Brooklyn College.
24. Africa and Globalization with Mojúbàolú Olúfúnké Okome, professor, political science, Brooklyn College.
25. Robots Today: From Emergency Response to the Office, Classroom and Home with Elizabeth Sklar, professor and director, Multimedia Computing, Department of Computer and Information Science, Brooklyn College, and Simon Parsons, professor, Department of Computer and Information Science, Brooklyn College.