Why Hire Brooklyn College Students?
Brooklyn College is a prime source for employers looking for qualified college and experienced candidates. Here are just some of the top reasons why your company should seek to hire our students.
- Ranked several times as one of the best overall values among the nation’s most academically outstanding colleges, Best Northeastern College and among “Top Ten” in both 2005 and 2006 by Princeton Review.
- Brooklyn College has graduated Rhodes Scholars, Truman Scholars, Marshall Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, and Jeanette K. Watson Fellows, to name a few.
- Brooklyn College is a microcosm of the ethnically rich borough it serves. Here’s a racial breakdown of our student body: 12 % Hispanic, 29% Black and 13.4% Asian/Pacific Islands.
- A little over 60% of our student body is female.
- Our 16,000 diverse undergraduate and graduate students hail from more than 92 identified countries, speaking 104 languages ranging from Afrikaans to Yoruba.
- Business Management and Finance, Accounting, Psychology, Education, Television and Radio and Biology are amongst our top undergraduate majors.
- More than seventy undergraduate and sixty graduate programs of study, including nationally recognized programs in business, biology education, television, and film. The programs are fueled by our faculty—Pulitzer Prize winners, world-famous researchers, and internationally known artists and composers.
- The College-wide Core Curriculum is a mandatory requirement for all candidates for a baccalaureate degree, which provides students with a broad background in the liberal arts and sciences.
Experience and Career Preparation
- 30% of BC students work part time and 30% work full time, giving them real world experience to complement their academic preparation.
- 40% of our student are 25+ years old, bringing with them experience, clear focus and maturity.
- Our students have been hired for full time and internship positions at companies such as Giorgio Armani, Goldman Sachs, Target, NYC Government agencies, NYS State Comptrollers Office, Bloomberg, Fox News, Kings County District Attorney, AON Corporation, MTV, JP Morgan Chase, PricwatehouseCoopers, NYC Dept. of Education and more.