Office of Financial Aid
308 West Quad Center
Financial Aid at the Enrollment Services Center
Lobby, West Quad Center (document submission)
*Please see the "Contact" section for additional information.
Apply for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application is free, so be on your guard when searching for the FAFSA application: Filers should make sure that they only use the official Department of Education site, fafsa.ed.gov.
- Brooklyn College federal school code: 002687
- Brooklyn College TAP/NYS school code: 1410
- 2014-2015 Federal Pell Award Chart
- 2013–14 Financial Aid Disbursement Dates
Important Financial Aid/CUNYfirst Updates
- A new financial aid self-service option has been implemented via CUNYfirst that will allow students to do more and see more with their financial aid, full functionality is expected to become available on or around April 28, 2014. We encourage all students to regularly check their Brooklyn College email for important financial aid updates and notifications, as this will be the College's primary method of communication.
- Federal Direct Loans: Applications will be available via CUNYfirst under the Self-Service option, in the Student Center tab. If interested, we recommend submitting your on-line application on/or after April 28th. The new online direct loan application form can be filled out once per year, so think carefully about how much you need to borrow and which semesters will need to be covered by your loan because modifications to submitted loans can only be made via a paper form process beginning September 8th, 2014.
- 2014-2015 Verification: If you are selected for verification, the Office of Financial Aid will communicate to you via email and your "to-do" list, located under the Self-Service option in the Student Center tab. All financial aid related items must be completed before aid can be applied or view-able on a student's account as "pending aid."
- Summer 2014 - Front-End Pell: Request forms will be available (resources and forms section) on April 7th, 2014 for students to print, complete and submit. However, please be aware that it will not be reflected on your CUNYfirst account until on/or about April 28, 2014.
- Summer Bursar Bills: Due to full functionality becoming available on or around April 28th, the Office of Financial Aid has coordinated with the Office of the Bursar regarding student summer session tuition and fee bills. No student will be canceled until sufficient time has been allowed to submit financial aid documentation. Official communication will then be sent by the Office of the Bursar to notify students who still have unpaid summer balances. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this important transitional period.
- Please note that those looking to apply for spring only loans for Financial Aid Award Year 2013-2014 the deadline is May 9th, 2014.
- Applications for Fall 2013 only loans are no longer being accepted.
For information on how to file your FAFSA, complete a Verification, and how to view your financial aid information in CUNYfirst, please review the 2013–14 Financial Aid Applications Instructions (pdf) and 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA (video).
- Financial Aid Estimator (Net Price Calculator)
- Summer 2014 Front-End Pell Request Form *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet - V1 *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet - V3 *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet - V4 *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet - V5 *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet - V6 *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Independent Verification Worksheet - V1 *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Independent Verification Worksheet - V3 *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Independent Verification Worksheet - V4 *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Independent Verification Worksheet - V5 *NEW (pdf)
- 2014-2015 Independent Verification Worksheet - V6 *NEW (pdf)
- Financial Aid Resources and Forms (Financial Aid Disbursement Calendar, Direct Loans, Verification, Direct Deposit, Study Abroad, Federal Work-Study, etc.
- 2013–14 Dependent and Independent Verification Worksheet (pdf)
- 2013–14 Direct Loan Application (pdf)