Office of Testing
In support of the college's mission, the Office of Testing strives to support student success by providing exceptional test administration services both internally to students and externally to students in the community. The Testing Office is committed to promoting and maintaining an atmosphere conducive to a constructive testing environment by applying testing standards and practices in accordance with the National College Testing Association professional standards and guidelines. Further, our mission is to provide excellent customer service.
We meet this mission by:
- facilitating assessment tests to all incoming students and maintaining test results and placements to promote student success;
- facilitating testing needs of distance learning students;
- accommodating special-needs students through testing accommodations;
- creating an optimal testing environment that will be distraction-free, quiet and professional, clean, comfortable, and user-friendly; and
- providing outstanding customer service by being courteous, supportive, and responsive to customers' needs.
The Office of Testing is responsible for administering and recording the results of the CUNY Assessment Tests and the Calculus Placement Test. Exemptions from the CUNY Assessment Tests are also recorded on a student's record based on criteria set by CUNY.
The Office of Testing also serves as a testing center for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and for distance learning students. We are also a host site for Castle Worldwide Testing and Kryterion and PearsonVue.
Brooklyn College now offers a secure Online Registration System to schedule all CLEP Distance Learning and Accuplacer remote exams.