Transfer Student Services Center for Undergraduates
The mission of the Transfer Student Services Center (TSSC) is to provide undergraduate transfer students with a seamless transition to Brooklyn College by collaborating with various departments on campus, including the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Center for Academic Advisement and Student Success (CAASS), Peer Mentoring (TransferNation), the Office of the Registrar, Office of Financial Aid and the Magner Career Center. The TSSC is responsible for processing all transfer credits for courses taken prior to attending Brooklyn College, including AP, IB, CLEP, and college courses taken while still in high school. The center also serves as a liaison to all academic departments to assist faculty with the process of evaluating transfer credits.
Upon acceptance to Brooklyn College, transfer students will receive a Transfer Credit Report, which lists all courses from prior colleges and the Brooklyn College equivalents. However, new freshmen will receive a Transfer Credit Report once enrolled. Be sure to have transcripts sent to the TSSC. In some cases students may be required to submit course descriptions and/or syllabi to an academic department for review by the chairperson. See "Important Forms" below for step-by-step procedures explaining how to have these courses evaluated.
If you are transferring from another CUNY college, consult the CUNY TIPPS system for transfer course equivalencies. For all other colleges and universities, use the BC Transfer Credit Tool. For more information, visit the Transfer Credits Web page.
For specific information regarding transfer credit evaluation policies and procedures, view our FAQ.
For more information regarding Articulation Agreements between Brooklyn College and our partner institutions, visit the Articulation Agreements Web page.
- Transfer Credit Information Request (pdf): This form should be used for inquiries regarding your transfer credits if you have not missed your transfer credit deadline. Print out the form, fill in the requested information, and submit it to the TSSC in person, by fax, or by e-mail.
- Transfer Credit Appeal (pdf): This form should only be used if your transfer credit deadline has passed and should be submitted along with any paperwork from an academic department. Print out the form, fill in the requested information, and submit it to the TSSC in person, by fax, or by e-mail.
- Viewing Your Transfer Credit Report in CUNYfirst (pdf): This form gives step-by-step procedures for viewing your Transfer Credit Report in CUNYfirst. It also provides a detailed explanation of the Transfer Credit Report.
- Evaluating Your Transfer Courses (pdf): If you have courses listed as 9999 (e.g., ENGL 9999, BIOL 9999, DEPR 9999) on your Transfer Credit Report, this form lists step-by-step procedures explaining how to have them evaluated by the respective academic department(s). For a list of academic department transfer evaluators, please see the next form.
- Academic Department Transfer Evaluators (pdf): This form lists the professors in each department who are responsible for evaluating transfer courses. Note that evaluators may differ from the period of June 1 to August 25. Please refer to this along with the "Evaluating Your Transfer Courses" step-sheet listed above.
- Second Bachelor's Degree Transfer Credit Request (pdf): Students seeking a second bachelor's degree will receive a maximum of 90 blanket or elective credits. This form is to request specific courses from your first bachelor’s degree that are relevant to your major to be posted to your record. Consult with your major department adviser about your degree requirements and submit the form to the TSSC in person, by fax, or by e-mail.
- Transfer Credit Re-Evaluation (pdf): This form is to be used if you are seeking a re-evaluation of a course from an academic department. A description or syllabus should be brought to the academic department evaluator and submitted by the academic department to the Transfer Student Services Center either in person, by fax, or by e-mail. This form must be submitted by your transfer credit deadline during your first semester of attendance at Brooklyn College.
- Submitting Official Transcripts (pdf): Do you have questions about how to submit official transcripts from prior colleges, AP, CLEP, or IB? This form provides instructions and contact information.
- AP Equivalencies (pdf): This form lists Advanced Placement exams and the current Brooklyn College equivalents. Note that equivalencies are subject to change as per the academic department.
- IB Equivalencies (pdf): This form lists International Baccalaureate exams and the current Brooklyn College equivalents. Note that equivalencies are subject to change as per the academic department.
- CLEP Equivalencies (pdf): This form lists the College Level Exam Program courses and the current Brooklyn College equivalents. Note that equivalencies are subject to change as per the academic department.
- Forfeiting AP Credit (pdf): This form should be used if you are forfeiting credit for Advanced Placement exams. Note that once you forfeit the credits, you cannot request the credits back at a later date. Print out the form, fill in the requested information, and submit it to the TSSC in person, by fax, or by e-mail.
1600 James Hall