Transfer Student Services Center
The mission of the Transfer Student Services Center (TSSC) is to provide undergraduate transfer students with a seamless transition to Brooklyn College by collaborating with various departments on campus, including Admissions, the Center for Academic Advisement and Student Success (CAASS), Financial Aid and the Registrar. The TSSC is responsible for evaluating all transfer credits from prior colleges, including AP, IB, CLEP and college courses taken while still in high school. The Transfer Student Services Center also serves as a liaison to all academic departments to assist faculty with the process of evaluating transfer credits.
Upon acceptance to Brooklyn College, transfer students will receive a Transfer Credit Report, which lists all courses from prior colleges and the Brooklyn College equivalents. Please note that in some cases students may be required to submit course descriptions to an academic department for review by the chairperson.
For more information, please visit our Transfer Credits website.
- Transfer Credit Information Request: This form should be used for all inquiries regarding your transfer credits, including a request to extend the transfer credit deadline. Print out the form, fill in the requested information, and submit it to the TSSC in person, by fax or by e-mail.
- Evaluating Your Transfer Courses: If you have courses listed as TBD or DEPR 9999 on your Transfer Credit Report, this form explains the procedure for having them evaluated by the respective academic department(s).
- Forfeiting AP Credit: This form should be used if you are forfeiting credit for Advanced Placement exams. Please note that once you forfeit the credits, you cannot request the credits back at a later date. Print out the form, fill in the requested information, and submit it to the TSSC in person, by fax or by e-mail.
- Submitting Official Transcripts: Do you have questions about how to submit official transcripts from prior colleges, AP, CLEP or IB? This form provides instructions and contact information.
- AP Equivalencies: This form lists Advanced Placement exams and the current Brooklyn College equivalents. Please note that equivalencies are subject to change as per the academic department.
- IB Equivalencies: This form lists International Baccalaureate exams and the current Brooklyn College equivalents. Please note that equivalencies are subject to change as per the academic department.
1600 James Hall
Maria Campanella, Manager
Aliza Martini, Specialist
James La Rocco, Specialist