Transfer Student Services Center

The Transfer Student Services Center (TSSC) provides undergraduate transfer students with a seamless transition to Brooklyn College by collaborating with various departments on campus, including Admissions, the Center for Academic Advisement and Student Success (CAASS), Peer Mentoring (TransferNation), the Office of the Registrar and Financial Aid. The TSSC is responsible for processing all transfer credits for courses taken prior to attending Brooklyn College, including AP, IB, CLEP and college courses taken while still in high school. The Transfer Student Services Center also serves as a liaison to all academic departments to assist faculty with the process of evaluating transfer credits.

Upon acceptance to Brooklyn College, transfer students will receive a Transfer Credit Report, which lists all courses from prior colleges and the Brooklyn College equivalents. Please note that in some cases students may be required to submit course descriptions and/or syllabi to an academic department for review by the chairperson. See Important Forms below for step-by-step procedures explaining how to have these courses evaluated.

If you are transferring from another CUNY college, consult the CUNY TIPPS system for transfer course equivalencies. For all other colleges and universities, use the BC Transfer Credit Tool. For more information, visit the Transfer Credits Web page.

For more information regarding Articulation Agreements between Brooklyn College and our partner institutions, please visit the Articulation Agreements Web page.

Important Forms

  • Transfer Credit Information Request: This form should be used for all inquiries regarding your transfer credits, including a request to extend the transfer credit deadline. Print out the form, fill in the requested information, and submit it to the TSSC in person, by fax or by e-mail.
  • Evaluating Your Transfer Courses: If you have courses listed as 9999 on your Transfer Credit Report, this form explains the procedure for having them evaluated by the respective academic department(s).
  • Second Bachelor's Degree Transfer Credit Request: Students seeking a second bachelor’s degree will receive a maximum of 90 blanket or elective credits. This form is to request specific courses from your first bachelor’s degree that are relevant to your major to be posted to your record. Please consult with your major department advisor about your degree requirements and submit the form to the TSSC in person, by fax, or by e-mail.
  • Submitting Official Transcripts: Do you have questions about how to submit official transcripts from prior colleges, AP, CLEP or IB? This form provides instructions and contact information.
  • AP Equivalencies: This form lists Advanced Placement exams and the current Brooklyn College equivalents. Please note that equivalencies are subject to change as per the academic department.
  • IB Equivalencies: This form lists International Baccalaureate exams and the current Brooklyn College equivalents. Please note that equivalencies are subject to change as per the academic department.
  • Forfeiting AP Credit: This form should be used if you are forfeiting credit for Advanced Placement exams. Please note that once you forfeit the credits, you cannot request the credits back at a later date. Print out the form, fill in the requested information, and submit it to the TSSC in person, by fax or by e-mail.

Contact Us

1600 James Hall
P: 718.951.5263
F: 718.951.5268