Effective Jan. 26, 2014, United States Postal Service (USPS) Forever stamps purchased at the rate of $0.49 per stamp can be used to mail a one-ounce first-class letter regardless of new rate changes.
The Office of Mailing Services follows standard USPS regulations and guidelines to determine the timeframes, packaging and method of delivery of standard mailings.
All interoffice mail must be placed in interoffice envelopes and have the full name and department of the person it is being delivered to. Room numbers and first names only are not acceptable. If Brooklyn College envelopes are used for interoffice mail, indicate this when mail is delivered to the Mailing Services office to prevent unnecessary use of postage funds.
- All outgoing mail must have a department name and the return address of Brooklyn College:
- Brooklyn College
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210
- Brooklyn College
- All stamped envelopes must be sealed.
- Large manila envelopes must be sealed and not stapled to prevent damage of mail pieces and mail-processing equipment on campus and at USPS locations.
- There will be no prestamping of mail. Business reply envelopes are available for purchase in Central Stores. The Office of Mailing Services must be notified before these envelopes are used.
- Mail to be forwarded must have the old address covered completely, preferably with a label. The new address must be written over this label clearly.
- Mail to be returned to the sender must have the addressee information covered completely, preferably with a label. “RETURN TO SENDER” must be written over this label.
Please contact the Office of Mailing Services prior to submission of mailings over 200 pieces. Your department or office may be able to achieve significant cost savings by presorting mail.
The CUNY messenger comes to Brooklyn College once a day between 9 and 10 a.m. CUNY mail is taken to 205 East 42 Street and then to the various CUNY locations within two business days.
United Parcel Service
Brooklyn College uses United Parcel Service (UPS) for expedited delivery services. The costs for UPS services are charged to the user department's or office's OTPS budget. Central Routing and Receiving handles all large packages for UPS. This department can be reached at extension 5770.
Presorted Mail (Nonprofit and Presorted First-class Mail)
Departments and offices are urged to allow Mailing Services to prepare their presorted mailings via automation. Processing fees for USPS automation compatible mailings are charged to the user's OTPS budget.
- The Office of Mailing Services should be contacted at least two weeks in advance for proper instructions before presorted mailings are prepared.
- Permit numbers may be used only for matters pertaining to Brooklyn College and require prior approval from the Office of Mailing Services.
Mailing Services provides limited letter-finishing services, including personalization, folding and inserting. The Office of Mailing Services should be contacted at least two weeks in advance for proper instructions before these mailings are prepared.
Additional insertion options are available. Please contact the Office of Mailing Services for more information.
General services such as the purchase of stamps, overnight express mail (USPS), priority mail or personal mailings can be provided by the Office of Mailing Services. These services can only be utilized when the user's method of payment is by personal check (with identification) or money order, in advance.
Note: No personal mail will be processed unless it is paid for in advance by check or money order with proper proof of identification.
0238 Boylan Hall
Supervisor of Distribution and Accounting
Supervisor of Presorted Mail Processing
Hours of Operations
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Same-day processing deadline: 2:30 p.m.