DC 37 Education Fund
Education Fund Classes
Classes are offered to full-time, per annum employees and college assistants working a minimum of 17.5 hours per week who are members of collective bargaining units represented by DC 37. Click here for more information on eligiblility.
Here are some courses offered:
Computer and Business Courses:
- Business Law 1
- Introduction to Computers
- Microsoft Word
Adult Education Courses:
- Reading Enrichment Program
- English as a Second Language
- Spanish for the Workplace
- Vocabulary Building Workshop
Writing and Speaking Courses:
- General Studies Class (Writing)
- Workplace Literacy Program
To register, click on your program of interest on this page, print off the application and mail it back to the Education Fund. Many the programs are on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information on specific programs, call 212.815.1700.
DC 37 Education Fund reimburses eligible members for the following activities up to a maximum of $800:
- job-related civil service courses,
- continuing education courses,
- undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate courses offered by U.S.-affiliated educationally accredited instituions and programs, and
- conferences or test preparation courses that are taken to pass a test for professional license or certification or for New York State registration (e.g., social workers, engineers, architects) as a condition of employment.
To be eligible, a member must be one of the following:
- a full-time per annum employee in a title covered by Fund training agreements, or
- a college assistant who works a minimum of 17.5 hours per week and 70 hours per month.