OHRM Professional Development and Learning Management Office
The CUNY Office of Human Resource Management's (OHRM) Professional Development and Learning Management (PDLM) Office provides training and professional development opportunities designed to enhance the knowledge, skills and competencies of CUNY employees at all levels.
- Dec. 2, Dec. 3 & Dec. 9 (3 Day course) FREE - Foundations of Management (C1006) (For Managers & Supervisors)
- Prerequisite: Fundamentals of Supervision or two years managerial experience
- Learn about the managerial role in the public sector.
- Dec. 6 - Managing Stress & Preventing Burnout (C9033) (For all staff)
- Learn to develop techniques and practice exercise to manage stress and prevent job burnout.
- Dec. 10 - Mind Tools for Memory (C9279) (For all staff)
- Learn about memory-enhancing techniques to help you to become more organize at today's workplace.
$60 per day of training for non-technology courses.
$15 per person per class for technology courses.
To register for courses, employees should complete the Online PDLM Application. Print the form, obtain your supervisor's signature, and deliver the application to Patrick Croff, 1219 Boylan Hall. For additional information about these opportunities or application procedures, please contact Patrick Croff by telephone, 718.951.5377, or e-mail.
Applications must reach the PDLM office at least 10 days before the course starts to prevent course cancellation.
PDLM Skills Enhancement Certificates for Managers & Supervisors
Managers and supervisors are qualified for a managerial or supervisory competency certificate when they complete three core courses and two elective courses within a two‐year period. Elective courses may be chosen from a list of leadership development, communications, and workplace violence prevention
courses. Click here for details.