Utilizing the services and resources available to you at Brooklyn College is an important part of your personal and academic success. Whenever visiting a campus office let them know that you are an international student and need assistance. The following are campus offices that are here to support you:
- Academic Calendar, including all the important dates for course registration.
- Academic Advising, 3207 Boylan Hall. If you need assistance with planning your class schedule, this office of dedicated student-centered professionals is committed to student success and will help. All incoming first-year students must meet with an academic adviser.
- Admissions—Undergraduate 222 West Quad Center.
- Admissions—Graduate 1602 James Hall.
- Bursar, Lobby, West Quad Center. Bursar is the services center for all payment and account inquiries, and tuition policies and procedures. Students can also register and get their student ID.
- Career Advising, Magner Career Center, 1303 James Hall. Students should visit the Magner Center early in their academic career to learn about résumé writing, internships, networking, and job opportunities.
- Counseling, 0203 James Hall. The Counseling Office offers workshops on managing stress, how to take tests, how to study, etc. There are also free online screening programs available. This is an excellent resource for international students.
- Enrollment Advocacy, third floor, West Quad Center.
- Health Clinic, 114 Roosevelt Hall. Call 718.951.5580 to make an appointment or stop by the office.
- Housing, 219 Student Center. If you need help with a place to live, contact the office today. You can also visit the Residence Hall.
- Learning Center, 1300 Boylan Hall. Students should seek tutoring early in classes if they need help. For international students who are not native English speakers, meeting with a writing tutor is an important step in your academic journey. There are many good links on their website.
- Library. Visit our extraordinary library in the heart of the campus early and often.
- Public Safety, 0202 Ingersoll Hall and throughout campus. Remember to always carry and present your student identification.
- Recreation, 426 West Quad Center. Recreation includes all the information about the basketball gym, fitness center, pool, racquetball courts, tennis courts, and track. Recreation also works on the athletics program of Brooklyn College.
- Registrar, 306 West Quad Center. In support of the college mission, the Office of the Registrar strives to provide high-quality service to the college's students, faculty, administration, and campus community. The office is committed to serve in a fashion that is fair, professional, respectful, and of the highest ethical standards. Registrar includes course schedules and Bulletins, graduation audit, transcripts, e-permits, and room change request.
- Scholarships, second floor, West Quad Center. Each year more than $1 million is given to qualified students to support their education. There is an online application that you can complete.