Ticket Information 2014
The 2014 Baccalaureate Commencement ceremony will be held on the Brooklyn College Central Quadrangle, the grassy area located between Boylan and Ingersoll Halls. A live simulcast is available inside the Walt Whitman Theater where a limited number of guests can view the ceremony via video feed.
From April 21 – May 5 eligible students must reserve tickets using our online commencement ticket reservation system.
- Must reserve a ticket for herself/himself
- Can reserve a maximum of 3 guest tickets for the Central Quadrangle
- Can reserve a maximum of 2 guest tickets for viewing the live simulcast inside the Walt Whitman Theater. Due to limited seating, these tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They must be ordered at the time of your reservation and are not guaranteed if you change your reservation.
Petition to Walk Candidates
If your petition to walk was approved you may be eligible to receive a maximum of 2 guest tickets. Depending on availability these tickets may be designated either for the central quadrangle or for the simulcast in the Walt Whitman Theater.
Commencement tickets will be available for pick up at the Walt Whitman Theater Box Office only on the following days:
- Tuesday, May 13, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 14, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Thursday, May 15, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday, May 16, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
To pick up your tickets you must have your student ID number (EMPL ID #) AND you must bring all of the following:
- Your photo ID (the name on your ID must match your college records or you must provide proof of name change)
- Your printed ticket reservation confirmation page that you received when you reserved your tickets, and which was also e-mailed to you. Printers are available in several locations across campus, e.g., library
Sending Someone Else To Pick Up Your Tickets
If you are unable to pick up your tickets in person, you may send someone to pick up your tickets for you. That person must bring all of the following items:
- A printed, legibly signed letter from you that authorizes him or her to pick up your tickets and that contains your student ID number (EMPL ID #)
- Your printed ticket reservation confirmation page that you received when you reserved your tickets, and which was also e-mailed to you
- A legible copy of his or her photo ID (they must also have their ID on their person)
- A copy of your photo ID
Requests for Mailed Tickets
You may request to receive your tickets by mail if, according to the college’s records, you live outside of the 5 boroughs of New York City i.e., Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, or the Bronx. Eligible mail requests must be postmarked no later than May 6. Those postmarked after that date will not be accepted. If you anticipate problems receiving your mail, we recommend that you pick up your tickets in person. After the postmark deadline, pickup is available in person only. Incomplete requests will be denied mailing option. Tickets will be mailed to you in your own self-addressed stamped envelope. To be eligible to participate in Commencement Exercises, you must have filed for a degree audit with the Office of the Registrar within the specified time.
To receive tickets by mail, send all of the following to the address below:
- A copy of your online reservation confirmation page
- A letter-sized, self-addressed stamped envelope
- A legible copy of your photo ID
Office of the Chief Marshal, Brooklyn College
2113 Boylan Hall
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210