Baccalaureate Ticket Information 2016
The 2016 Baccalaureate Commencement ceremonies will be held on the East Quadrangle with a live simulcast in Whitman Hall.
From April 11 to May 1, 2016, eligible students must reserve tickets using our online commencement ticket reservation system. The system is available via the Brooklyn College Web Central Portal after you log in and click on the "Student Affairs" tab on the left hand side. Then click on "Proceed to Reservation."
- Must reserve a ticket for herself/himself
- Can reserve a maximum of three guest tickets
*Unfortunately, due to space limitations we cannot provide students with extra commencement tickets. Graduating students should consult with their classmates, as some graduates may not be utilizing their allocated tickets. Please note that tickets are free and must not be sold. Any student engaging in the selling of tickets may be subject to disciplinary action by the college,
Location: Whitman Hall
Commencement tickets will be available for pick-up only on the following days:
- Tuesday, May 17 – Thursday, May 19, 2016: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.; 4 – 8 p.m.
- Friday, May 20: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday, May 22: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
To pick up your tickets you must have your student ID number (EMPL ID #), and you must bring all of the following:
- Your photo ID (the name on your ID must match your college records or you must provide proof of name change)
- Your printed ticket reservation confirmation page that you received when you reserved your tickets, and which was also e-mailed to you. Printers are available in several locations across campus, e.g., library
Sending Someone Else to Pick Up Your Tickets
If you are unable to pick up your tickets in person, you may send someone to pick up your tickets for you. That person must bring all of the following items:
- A printed, legibly signed letter from you that authorizes him or her to pick up your tickets and that contains your student ID number (EMPL ID #)
- Your printed ticket reservation confirmation page that you received when you reserved your tickets, and which was also e-mailed to you
- A copy of your photo ID
- A legible copy of his or her photo ID, which will be kept for our records (they must also have their ID on their person)
Requests for Mailed Tickets
You may request to receive your tickets by mail if, according to the college's records, you live outside of the five boroughs of New York City (i.e., Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island or the Bronx). Eligible mail requests must be postmarked no later than May 9. Those postmarked after that date will not be accepted. If you anticipate problems receiving your mail, we recommend that you pick up your tickets in person. After the postmark deadline, pickup is available in person only. Incomplete requests will be denied mailing option. Tickets will be mailed to you in your own self-addressed stamped envelope. To be eligible to participate in Commencement Exercises, you must have filed for a degree audit with the Office of the Registrar within the specified time.
To receive tickets by mail, send all of the following to the address below:
- A copy of your online reservation confirmation page
- A letter-sized, self-addressed stamped envelope
- A legible copy of your photo ID
Office of the Chief Marshal, Brooklyn College
2113 Boylan Hall
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210