Master's Petition to Walk 2015
A master's student with a maximum of one course OR a final academic requirement (e.g., thesis, final clinical hours) to complete and with a graduation date of September 2015 may request permission "to walk" at the 2015 Master's Commencement Ceremony provided he or she has registered for the appropriate course for summer 2015. Such requests must be made only after registration for summer 2015 has been completed, as proof of registration is necessary. Please note that submission of this application does not guarantee that you will be eligible to participate in the 2015 Commencement Ceremony.
Those requesting to walk will be asked to complete a petition to walk application and provide appropriate documentation (e.g., Degree Audit report) to verify their status.
Those with a final academic requirement to complete which does not require course registration must document that this is the only requirement remaining to complete for September 2015 graduation. This can be done through a departmental letter.
If permission is granted, the student should be aware that his or her name may not appear in the 2015 Commencement Program. In addition, he or she is eligible to receive two guest tickets.
Applications are not considered complete unless all of the requirements below are satisfied.
- You have filed for graduation (see Road Map to Commencement for further information).
- You have to complete a maximum of one course OR academic requirement during summer 2015 in order to complete your degree requirements.
- You have officially registered for the aforementioned summer courses.
- You have attached a copy of your Degree audit form or a Departmental letter which indicates that your summer course or academic requirement will satisfy your degree requirements.
- You have attached proof of summer 2015 registration (copy of bill OR enrolled class schedule from CUNYfirst).
Application availability TBA.