Health Programs / Immunization Requirements Office

0710 James Hall
P: 718.951.4505
F: 718.951.4278


The Health Programs / Immunization Requirements Office ensures that students are in compliance with immunization regulation as stipulated in public health laws and will provide advocacy, education, communications, materials, workshops, and related culturally competent practices to enhance and advance the health and wellness of students.

The office is responsible for immunization processing, health fairs, seminars, blood drives, and inviting public health insurance providers to the campus.

Immunization Requirements for New Students 

In order to register for classes, all newly enrolled students born on or after January 1, 1957 must submit documentation proving immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles) with a Student Immunization Form (pdf) as well as a completed and signed Meningococcal Meningitis Response Form (pdf) to the Health Programs / Immunization Requirements Office, 0710 James Hall, 718.951.4505. You may fax a completed form to 718.951.4278, scan and e-mail the form, or bring the form in person to 0710 James Hall.

New York State Public Health Law 2165 requires all students to submit documentation proving immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella.

The immunization requirements are as follows:

  • Proof of two doses of live measles virus vaccine given after 1968. The first dose should be administered on or after your first birthday; the second dose must be administered at least 28 days after the first dose. A blood test showing immunity to measles will also satisfy this requirement.
  • One dose of live mumps vaccine administered on or after your first birthday, or a blood test showing immunity.
  • One dose of live rubella vaccine administered on or after your first birthday, or a blood test showing immunity.


  1. Immunization cards from childhood (yellow card), signed and stamped.
  2. Immunization records from college, high school or other schools you attended.
  3. Signed and stamped immunization record from your health care provider or clinic. Note: Immunization records can be obtained from a public health department immunization information system. Students born after 1994, who were raised in New York City can check the Citywide Immunization Registry for their records by calling 311.
  4. Copy of lab report, (also known as titer or serology), showing immunity to measles, mumps and rubella.
  5. Proof of honorable discharge from the armed services within 10 years from the date of application will enable the student to attend school pending actual receipt of the immunization records from the armed services.

New York State Public Health Law 2167 requires all postsecondary institutions to provide information on meningitis and the meningitis vaccine to all students registering for six credits or more (or its equivalent) and requires all students (regardless of age) to submit a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response Form signed by the student or student's parent or guardian to the Health Programs / Immunization Requirements Office. The form acknowledges the receipt of mandatory meningococcal disease and vaccination information. Vaccination is not required.

These laws apply to students taking six credits or more regardless of whether the student is in a degree-seeking program or not.

University Immunization Requirements for Incoming Students

Health Insurance

Affordable Care Act

The Affordable Care Act is a federal law that requires everyone to have health insurance. Eligible students may sign up for Medicaid and Child Health Plus through the Exchange at any time. You can look for health insurance in the New York State–run New York State of Health, the official health plan marketplace. For more information, e-mail New York State of Health.

Events and Activities  

The Health Programs / Immunization Requirements Office is responsible for fostering opportunities to educate students about important health-related issues. The office is very pleased to collaborate with student organizations such as the Health Awareness Club and the Minority Association of Pre-health Students.

Helpful Links