Commencement Volunteer Cadre Assistant (CVCA)
Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
Kiev Davis, commencement operations specialist
Assisting with preparation for the 2014 Commencement Exercises and assisting with the coordination on the days of the ceremonies
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Disseminating information related to upcoming undergraduate and graduate Commencement Exercises to be held in May 2014
- Assisting with the ticket distribution process
- Assisting with various logistical tasks on the days of the Commencement Exercises
- Other duties as assigned
CVCAs will frequently work with staff from the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs.
Term of Service
Spring 2014 semester terminating May 29, 2014.
- A Brooklyn College student who is not participating in the Commencement Exercises and is in good academic standing (GPA 2.00 or above)
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively to diverse populations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) desired
Benefit to Students
- Volunteers hours and service-education units toward SERVA recognition (15 – 30 hours for the semester, two – three service education units)
- Valuable work experience to put on your résumé
Complete the online application.