Bulldogs United Student Retreat
The Brooklyn College Bulldogs United Student Retreat is a two-and-a-half-day program providing students from various backgrounds the opportunity to engage in experiential learning in a fun, unique and diverse setting.
Goals of the Retreat:
- Self-knowledge: understanding of one's talents, values, interests, especially as these relate to the student's capacity to provide effective leadership.
- Leadership competence: the capacity to mobilize oneself and others to serve and to work collaboratively.
- Civic mindedness: to facilitate positive social change at the institution or in the community.
Included in the Retreat
- Transportation (to and from Brooklyn College)
- All meals (dietary restrictions will be accommodated as best as possible)
- Social activities
Accommodations can be made for individuals with special needs.
- Currently registered for classes.
- No student-conduct violations.
- Demonstrated school spirit and interest in leadership, community building and intergroup collaboration required.
- Must be available from January 10 - 12, 2017.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the application form (pdf).
- Attach a current résumé.
- Attach a personal statement addressing the following: Please describe how participating in this Bulldogs United Student Retreat will benefit you and how you will utilize the knowledge and skills gained to enhance student life on campus.
Applications are also available in 2153 Boylan Hall. For more information, contact Renee Straker.
Qualified students will be scheduled for a brief interview with a member of the selection committee.
The selection committee consists of current students, staff, and Brooklyn College alumni. Selected students will be notified before the end of the fall 2016 semester.
- Date: Tuesday, January 10 – Thursday, January 12, 2017