Friday, Nov. 20, 2009, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture of the N.Y. Public Library
515 Malcolm X Boulevard
New York, NY 10037
This year, the Fourth Child Policy Forum of New York will be held in two parts. A second co-sponsored event of the same title will be held at the Schomburg Center for middle and high school students on Nov. 20, 2009, the 20th anniversary of the UNCRC.
- Dr. Victor Karunan, Chief, Adolescent Development and Participation (ADAP) Division of Policy and Practice, UNICEF Headquarters, New York, and others
The interactive program will feature an introduction to the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child with a focus on participation by young people and guided tours of the Schomburg's Courage exhibitions.
The Youth Forum event is by invitation only and is held in collaboration with the Brooklyn College Academy, Brooklyn College Educational Talent Search Program and the School for Human Rights in Brooklyn, N.Y. For inquires about this event, please contact the Children's Studies Center.
The Children’s Studies Center Child Policy Forum of New York is made possible in part by grants from the Colgate-Palmolive Company, CUNY Diversity Projects Development Fund, The New York Community Trust/Mark Family Fund and the Oak Foundation.
Special Thanks and Acknowledgements
- The School for Human Rights
- Brooklyn College Academy
- The Frederick Douglass Academy
- Cypress Hills Collegiate Prep
- The Facing History School
- The Schomburg Center Junior Scholars