Why Recruit Our Students?
Brooklyn College is a prime source for employers looking for qualified college and experienced candidates. Here are just some of the top reasons why your company should seek to hire our students.
- Brooklyn College was ranked #1 "Best Bang for the Buck" in the United States by Washington Monthly.
- The Princeton Review has several times ranked Brooklyn College as one of the best overall values among the nation's most academically outstanding colleges, best Northeastern college and among the Top 10 in both 2005 and 2006.
- Brooklyn College has graduated Rhodes Scholars, Truman Scholars, Marshall Scholars, Fulbright Scholars and Jeanette K. Watson Fellows.
- Brooklyn College is a microcosm of the ethnically rich borough it serves — 14 percent of our student body is Hispanic, 26 percent black and 16 percent Asian/Pacific Islands.
- A little over 60 percent of our student body is female.
- Our 17,000 diverse undergraduate and graduate students hail from more than 150 identified countries and speak 105 languages, ranging from Afrikaans to Yoruba.
- Our top undergraduate majors include accounting; biology; business, management and finance; education; psychology; and television and radio.
- We offer more than 70 undergraduate and 60 graduate programs of study, including nationally recognized programs in biology, business, education, film and television. The programs are fueled by our faculty — Pulitzer Prize winners, world-famous researchers and internationally known artists and composers.
- The college-wide Core Curriculum is a mandatory requirement for all candidates for a baccalaureate degree, which provides students with a broad background in the liberal arts and sciences.
Experience and Career Preparation
- About one-third of our students work part time and another one-third work full time, giving them real-world experience to complement their academic preparation.
- Nearly 40 percent of our students are 25 years old or older, bringing with them experience, clear focus and maturity.
- Our students have been hired for full-time and internship positions at companies such as Giorgio Armani, Goldman Sachs, Target, New York City government agencies, New York State Comptroller's Office, Bloomberg, Fox News, Kings County District Attorney, AON Corporation, MTV, JP Morgan Chase, PricewaterhouseCoopers, New York City Department of Education and more.