Getting an internship
It is essential for college students to do at least one, and ideally multiple internships, before they graduate. Through our job fairs, internship database and internship panels, the Magner Career Center gives students access to internships and employers at organizations including Arthur Ashe Institute, BAM, Steiner Studios, PwC, Brooklyn Navy Yard, MTA, NBC, UBS, Jumpstart, Kings County DA's Office, NY Methodist, NYC Department of Finance, Estee Lauder and Reading as Partners.
- Attend one of our workshops to attain the skills necessary to find an internship you like.
- Attend an employer panel or networking event to find experienced professionals and alumni in your field.
- Use our Hire BC job and internship database to find positions that interest you. Complete your profile to get job offers tailored to you.
Stipend Award Quick Facts
- Awards go up to $5,000 for the fall, spring and summer semesters.
- Winners are selected from each school (all majors are eligible).
- Internships providing small stipends such as travel or lunch, and internships for academic credit, are also eligible.
- Make sure to review the application for specific criteria. Each stipend may have specific requirements as to who is eligible.
- Deadline for summer/fall internship stipends is in March, and for the spring it is in October. Check our stipend page for specific dates.
Internship Stipend Program
Unable to afford an unpaid internship? Read about our internship stipend program, available to both undergraduate and graduate students, as a possible option to help you take a non-paid off-campus internship you wouldn't have otherwise been able to take. Learn more about requirements and how to apply for a stipend at our Internship Stipend Awards page.
Through the Magner Career Center's resources and stipend awards, students have been able to take low-paying or unpaid internships, study abroad, all of which have led them to more opportunities. Read what past students have had to say about the Magner Center's work and how it has helped them begin a successful career.