Alumni Mentor Program
The Alumni Mentor Program pairs students with a mentor in their field of interest. Past mentors have come from organizations including Z100, Goldman Sachs, ESPN, New York City Department of Education, U.S. Department of State, PwC, FEGS, CBS News, KPMG and SUNY Downstate. The program gives you:
- the opportunity to meet/speak with Brooklyn College alumni to receive career advice;
- inside information from a professional about a career field, industry or specific company, including work environment, skills needed and career paths;
- the opportunity to ask questions and gain insight regarding how to look and market yourself better for a job;
- preparation on proper etiquette when meeting with professionals in a formal business setting; and
- the chance to prepare you for an interview with their company or for a job in the industry/field, when applicable.
Interested in Participating?
- Attend the Building Professional Relationships: Networking and Mentors workshop (required). You can participate online.
- After attending the required workshop you will receive an e-mail on how you can request your mentor.
- Join the Magner Career Center, Brooklyn College Alumni on LinkedIn.com (must have attended the Building Professional Relationships workshop to gain access).