Wednesday, February 22: Latin@ Literature Series with Josefína Báez
Tuesday, February 28: John Hope Franklin Memorial Lecture
Thursday, March 9: Whiting Seminar
Robert L. Hess Scholar-in-Residence Program, March 13-16
- Monday, March 13: Real Boroughs: From Harlem to Brooklyn
- Tuesday, March 14: On Being Real: Authenticity and Sincerity
- Tuesday, March 14: Creating Anthroman
- Tuesday, March 14: Israel in Africa: Black Jews in an African Context
- Wednesday, March 15: Robert L. Hess Memorial Lecture by Dean John L. Jackson, Jr.
- Thursday, March 16: Harlem: Giuliani, Bloomberg, to DeBlasio?
- Thursday, March 16: Race, Class, & Gender: Intersectionality in Urban America
- Thursday, March 16: Political Correctness in the Classroom?
Thursday, March 23: Building the Outer Boroughs, an interdisciplinary symposium
Monday, April 22: Ronit and Jamil with author Pam Laskin
Friday, May 19 - Saturday, May 20: The Cost of Freedom: Debt and Slavery, a Frederic Ewen Lecture Series on Civil Liberties and Academic Freedom