Awards Ceremony and Reception
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
4:00 to 4:45 p.m.
Jennifer Ball, Art
Myles Bassell, Business Management
- The Claire Tow Distinguished Teacher Award was established through a generous gift from Leonard Tow, a member of the Class of 1950 and a trustee of the Brooklyn College Foundation, in honor of his wife, Claire Tow, a member of the Class of 1952. The award recognizes a senior member of the faculty for outstanding qualities as a teacher and for being a role model to students and other faculty. It carries a stipend of $10,000, to be paid in one installment through the Brooklyn College Foundation.li>
Catherine McEntee, Biology
- The award in the amount of $5,000 will be presented annually to a full-time faculty member for his or her demonstrated excellence in teaching at Brooklyn College.
Margaret Araneo, Theater
- The award, in the amount of $5,000, will be presented annually to a part-time (adjunct) faculty member for his or her demonstrated excellence in teaching and recognizes the important contributions made by adjunct faculty to teaching and learning at Brooklyn College.
Michael Rawson, History
- This award recognizes a member of the graduate faculty and acknowledges their extraordinary contribution to the college as teacher, adviser and mentor to students in their capacity of Graduate Deputy. The award establishes a $1,500 expense account to fund faculty travel, provide materials to support their graduate program, or support the research agenda of their students.li>
Dov Fischer, Accounting
Hershey Friedman, Business Management
- The award establishes a $2,500 expense/reimbursement account and is presented annually to a full-time faculty member, or faculty team, for extraordinary contributions in championing academic outcomes assessment at Brooklyn College.
Archie Rand, Art
- The award in the amount of $5,000 will be presented annually to a full-time faculty member of Brooklyn College for creative or artistic work.
Frederick Wasser, Television and Radio
- The award in the amount of $5,000 will be presented annually to a full-time faculty member of Brooklyn College for outstanding scholarly work in his or her discipline.
Maria Perez y Gonzalez, Puerto Rican and Latino Studies
- The award in the amount of $5,000 will be presented annually to a full-time faculty member for meritorious service chiefly to Brooklyn College, but also for fulfillment of the college's mission in its relationships with communities in the Greater New York area and beyond.
Approximately 4:45 p.m. (following the awards ceremony) to 6:30 p.m.