Information for Incoming Exchange Students
Brooklyn College welcomes exchange students from its participating partners to our campus for a semester and/or the academic year.
Exchange partners with Brooklyn College as of January 2016:
- City University of Hong Kong's College of Science and Engineering (Hong Kong)
- University of Sussex (Brighton, England)
- L'Institut Supérieur de Gestion (ISG) (Paris)
- MICEFA (Various universities in Paris)
- Université Paris—Dauphine (Paris)
- John Cabot University (Rome)
- Edinburgh Napier University (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Glasgow Caledonian University (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain)
If your institution is not currently on this list, please contact the Student Exchange Office on your home campus to show your interest and to see if a partnership is in the process of being developed.
Downloadable Important Information Sheets
- General Information for Incoming Exchange Students (pdf)
- Housing Options For Exchange Students Studying at Brooklyn College (pdf)
Finding Courses at Brooklyn College in Your Area of Interest
To locate classes of interest to you for the term you will be studying at Brooklyn College as an exchange student, you will want to use two sources of information: the Brooklyn College Bulletin and the Schedule of Classes. Both documents can initially be accessed on the Course Schedules and Bulletins page. The Brooklyn College Academic Calendar will be accessible from there as well.
- Brooklyn College Bulletin: Here you will find descriptions of courses offered by the different departments as well as a large amount of other information about Brooklyn College. Scroll down the above link to locate the Undergraduate Bulletin for the academic year during which you plan to study at Brooklyn College. The current bulletin is Undergraduate Bulletin 2016–2017 (pdf).
- Schedule of Classes: The Schedule of Classes will inform you of courses being offered for a specific term/semester of interest. Go to the Course Schedules and Bulletins page and click on the term of interest. If the Schedule of Classes is not posted as a PDF file, it may not be available yet. You can view the most up-to-date listings by visiting the CUNYfirst website and doing the following:
- At the top of the page, click on "Current Students."
- On the left side, click on "Class Schedule."
- Next to "Institution," select Brooklyn College.
- For "Term," select the term that you wish to study at Brooklyn College.
- Choose a "Subject" (can repeat for additional searches).
- Scroll to the bottom and click on "Search."
- Another method of looking at class offerings is to visit the academic department websites and look for undergraduate courses. Some departments also post the course syllabus so you can get a more complete idea of the course content. You can access each department via the Academic Departments webpage.
All information listed above is subject to change at any time.
Page last modified on October 28, 2016.