The Jadar Project: Archaeological Dig and Field School in Western Serbia
July 5, 2014 – July 26, 2014 (Summer Session II)
This is a great opportunity to explore your interest in or deepen your knowledge of archaeology field research methods. Work and learn alongside Professor Arthur Bankoff, chair of the Department of Anthropology and Archaeology, and a team of archaeologists from the United States and Serbia on a dig in western Serbia, near Loznica. This hands-on archaeological field school will survey Bronze Age sites, surveying and the exploration of life 3,500 years ago. This amazing three-week program includes weekend excursions to various scenic and historical sites. Students will be housed in a modern hotel close to the excavation site. Trips are taken to important sites, museums and tourist attractions. No prior experience is required.
This program is open to all undergraduate and graduate students, and all majors.
July 5, 2014 – July 26, 2014
$2,785 (includes international airfare, CISI health/travel insurance, program-related transportation in Serbia, housing, and some meals)
Program Fee Payment Schedule:
- Non-Refundable Deposit Due: March 26, 2014 - $400
- First Payment Due: April 04, 2014 - $1,500
- Final Payment Due: May 15, 2014 - $885
$200 estimated for personal expenses, plus Brooklyn College tuition.
Courses and Credits
Participants will register for one course, selecting from between the following courses:
- ANTH 3015: Anthropology Abroad (3 Credits)
- ANTH 3470: Summer Archaeological Field School (6 Credits)
Financial aid may apply, and alternative loans are available. Scholarships that apply to this program are: SASA, Tow and Furman, among others (see Scholarship Opportunities).
How to Apply
- Complete the IEGE Notification of Study Abroad/Brooklyn College Study Abroad Application (pdf) and submit via e-mail to the International Education and Global Engagement office, or in person at the IEGE office, 1108 Boylan Hall.
- Contact the program director to express your interest in joining the program.
Monday, March 17, 2014 Deadline extended to Friday, March 28, 2014
Arthur Bankoff (Program Director)
Department of Anthropology and Archaeology
3307 James Hall
International Education and Global Engagement
1108 Boylan Hall
Please note that all information listed above is subject to change.