Post-acceptance Program Packet Instructions

The Office of International Education and Global Engagement uses the post-acceptance program packet to confirm that Brooklyn College students are properly registered to study abroad. This packet must be completed and returned within two weeks of your acceptance to the IEGE office, 1108 Boylan Hall. The instructions below will assist you in completing the forms in the packet.

Course Equivalency Form

The Course Equivalency Form is used to ensure that you receive credit from Brooklyn College for the course work you take while abroad. Completing this form allows you to know in advance the credit you will receive and to make sure it fits into your degree progress. Departmental approval for each course you plan to take abroad should be obtained before you leave for your program. If you are a senior with 18 or fewer credits to complete before you graduate, you must request permission to study abroad from the Office of Academic Standing, 3215 Boylan Hall.

Under the "Program Information" section of the form, be sure to include both the host college you are participating through and the foreign institution where you will complete your course work. In the case of a faculty-led program or other instance where you will not earn credit abroad through a specific foreign institution, you may fill in "n/a" for the foreign institution.

Write the name, department and course number of each course you are taking while abroad under the "Foreign Course Work" section, along with the number of credits each course is worth. Take this form to the appropriate chairperson of the corresponding academic department at Brooklyn College who will sign by and fill in the "Brooklyn College Equivalent" course, along with the course title, number, department and number of credits. Students participating in non-CUNY programs should plan to provide course descriptions and a syllabus to the appropriate chairpersons when completing this form.

Emergency Contact Form

List two different individuals who will serve as emergency contacts while you are overseas. In the case of an emergency, if the first listed contact cannot be reached, the second will be contacted as an alternate.

Liability Waiver and Release Agreement

Carefully read through this form before you sign, date and have it notarized. Most banks provide free notary service for their account holders. Also, there is a notary in the Office of the Registrar, located on the third floor of the West Quad Center.

Health Declaration Form

The Health Declaration Form keeps the IEGE aware of any health-related issues that could arise while you are abroad. It is important to complete this form thoroughly and attach copies of both your current health insurance card (front and back) and the photo page of your passport.