For advisement on résumé writing and interview skills, as well as other career support and job postings, please visit the Magner Career Center to register for updates.
Magner Career Center
1303 James Hall
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210
Please be sure to register at on the Brooklyn College WebCentral portal via the Career tab.
New York City Department of Education Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality
The application site is opened now and will close in late June. Our suggestion is that you submit your high quality application no later than April 2-25, 2014.
Online webinars are available over the next few months which will inform you of your next steps with regards to finding a teaching position in our NYCDOE public schools. Please go to the the link at www.teachnyc.net to register for one of them. Registration is free and the registration link can be located by going to "recruitment events" then to the "upcoming events" section. A recorded video is also available for your reference.
The next webinar is on Tuesday, April 22nd . This information session will be especially valuable to graduating education students who are looking to begin their careers by Fall 2014. The goal of the session is to provide information about the public schools, show what it's like to teach here, and explain how a new teacher can find a position.
- How to Register: Click on the following link or copy and paste it into your browser in order to register: http://www.learndoe.org/dhr/general-information-session-2013-14/. (Refresh the page if error occurs.)
- Logging in: Ten minutes before the start of the event, click on the following link and enter your name in the log-in field: http://www.learndoe.org/dhr/login.
- *Note: Adobe Flash Player is required to view the webinar. Perform a tech-check before the event and download the free Adobe software if needed.
- For questions about this event, please email email@example.com or call 718-935-4080.
Select Recruits Program: April 25 is the final deadline if you would like consideration to be eligible for the Select Recruits Program. Be sure to complete your high-quality application at www.TeachNYC.net More information is available at the Select Recruits site. This is an opportunity for teacher candidates who will have certification to teach bilingual students, students with disabilities, science, and other areas needed by the NYC DOE. TeachNYC Select Recruits is a highly selective program that offers job search support to top-tier prospective teachers.
Allow time to complete the application because there are several components to complete. Four essays are required and we recommend you submit high-quality essays.
If you started or completed your online teacher application before Feb. 2014, you must complete a new application for the 2014-15 school year.
If you do not have teacher certification yet, you will need to submit a document for your application that states your expected date of graduation, June 2014 or September 2014, and that you are expected to be recommended for NY State Teacher Certification. You can request this letter from your program department:
- Early Childhood/Art Education: Room 2309 James Hall
- Childhood/Bilingual and Special Education: Room 2107 James Hall
- Secondary Education: Room 2606 James Hall
- Department of Kinesiology: Room 428 West Quad
If you would like help with the essays for your NYC DOE application, writing tutor Melissa Clairjeune is available:
- Monday: 3 – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: 12 – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 3 – 7 p.m.
- Thursday: 4 – 7 p.m.
2307 James Hall
- Information on the NYC Dept. of Education job application process
- LinkedIn (group: I TEACH NYC)