Instructions for Additional Certification
If you are applying for certification in a program area other than your bachelor's or master's degree, follow these instructions:
- Applying for additional certification If you are applying for certification in an age group/subject that is not related to your college preparation program. For example, you want to apply for early childhood certification and you are already certified to teach grades 1–6.
- Applying for Professional Certification when your master's degree is different from the certification area for your professional certification application. Follow these directions if:
- You have initial certification because you completed a bachelor's teacher preparation program that leads to initial certification for an age group/subject that is different from your master's degree or
- You have initial certification confirmed though a transcript evaluation
- Applying for additional certification to teach gifted students or bilingual students
- Applying for additional certification to teach students with disabilities. Follow these instructions if your degree did not lead to students with disabilities certification, and you took additional courses for this certification as a nondegree student.
To order transcripts: refer to these instructions.