This data system is required for students graduating in the fall 2013 semester and afterward, unless you are graduating in the fall 2013 semester and all of your certification tests have been completed. A Tk20 account is not required for speech-language pathology students.
You can now purchase an account through the Brooklyn College Web Central portal under Academics.
When you are on the Tk20 page where you enter your contact and credit card information, do not enter your student ID number where it asks for your ID number. Instead, enter the same exact user name / Web Central ID that you use to login to BC Web Central. For example, if you sign in to BC Web Central as “JDoe” you will use “JDoe” for your student ID "number" on the Tk20 purchase page. If you do not enter the correct ID, your account verification will be delayed.
After your account is activated, you will access Tk20 through the same place: Web Central/ Academics tab/Tk20. You will be automatically logged in to your account when you are logged into Web Central.
You will use the Tk20 system for the following:
- Submitting your course and e-portfolio materials necessary for required course work, graduation and New York State teaching certification.
- Reporting student teaching data. Your student teaching applications will be submitted through the online system, and you will graduate with a fully documented record of your field experience and student teaching.
- Designing teaching portfolios from the work you have submitted through the system, as well as your student teaching evaluations, and comments from your professors and cooperating teachers. This will allow you to show evidence of your work, assessments and growth to prospective employers. Your Tk20 accounts will be valid for 10 years and will supply you with a dedicated Internet address for your portfolios.
The Tk20 subscription cost of $103 is one-time only. Please see the note below about refunds.
Once subscribed, it may take two to three business days for your subscription to become active. Please make sure to subscribe in plenty of time to get oriented to the system and to complete your key assignments and applications. Online training materials have been organized to orient you to Tk20. The Tk20 website also provides and answers to frequently asked questions under the HELP tab.
- Tk20 help desk: 718.951.5000, ext. 5214
- Helen Spencer: 718.951.5000, ext. 3946
- firstname.lastname@example.org Brooklyn College Tk20 help desk
- email@example.com for student payment issues and student account activation
- firstname.lastname@example.org for users are having issues with the system (i.e. cannot upload file, cannot submit an assignment, have questions about functionality).
Tk20 will offer refunds for student subscriptions as per the following policy. To qualify for a refund your account must be completely unused.
- For accounts completely unused, and a refund is requested within 30 days of purchase: Full refund.
- For accounts completely unused, and a refund is requested between 31 days and 6 months of purchase: 50% refund.
- No refunds will be issued after six months of purchase under any condition.
If you feel that you are eligible for a refund, please contact your Tk20 Unit Administrator at email@example.com. They can contact Tk20 directly and initiate the refund process.