Tk20 is a data management system used in the School of Education. Because most of the faculty requires students to submit assignments through TK20, it is highly recommended for all students.
Please have your account activated at least a month before you have coursework assessments due that will be submitted via Tk20, or before you apply for student teaching. Tk20 is not being used for speech-language pathology students.
You will use the Tk20 system for the following:
- Submitting key assessments for your coursework and for your e-portfolios.
- Reporting student teaching data. Your student teaching applications will be submitted through the online system. You will be asked to fill in a "survey" so that your student teaching experience can be documented and processed.
- Submitting student teaching timesheets and observations that will be recorded digitally.
- Students and alumni can design e-portfolios using the work submitted through the system, including student teaching evaluations and comments from professors and cooperating teachers. This will allow you to show evidence of your work, assessments and growth to prospective employers. Further information is posted below.
- Submitting e-portfolios as part of the process of teacher certification in the State of New York.
- You can create and store your coursework in an electronic gallery of artifacts.
- You can see your progress in your program of study.
- You will have a fully documented record of your field experience and clinical practice.
- You can create an electronic portfolio to share with faculty and potential employers.
- By purchasing Tk20, you are a direct stakeholder in Your program’s reputation.
Your Tk20 account will be valid for 10 years and will include a dedicated Internet address for your portfolios.
Graduating seniors, note:
For 2014-2015 academic year only (fall 2014 and spring 2015), graduating seniors or graduate students graduating in academic year 2014-15 programs may purchase TK20 for $65. If that is the case for you, you must contact us at email@example.com and we will confirm that you can purchase your account for this reduced price.
When to purchase your account:
If you are not a graduating senior, and if you are enrolled in a course in the fall of 2014 that has an assessment that must be uploaded to TK20, you will need to purchase the system this semester. If none of your current courses have requirements that involve TK20, you may purchase the system at the beginning of the spring 2015 semester. Beginning with the fall 2015 semester, all students in School of Education programs will be required to purchase TK20 at the regular rate when they enter their degree programs.
To purchase an account, go to the Brooklyn College Web Central portal > Academics > Tk20.
Important Note: when you are on the Tk20 page where you enter your contact and credit card information, do not enter your student ID number where it asks for your ID number. Instead, enter the same user name / Web Central ID that you use to login to BC Web Central. For example, if you sign in to BC Web Central as "JDoe" you will use "JDoe" for your student ID "number" on the Tk20 purchase page. If you do not enter the correct ID, your account verification will be delayed.
After your account is activated, you will access Tk20 through the same place: Brooklyn College Web Central portal > Academics > Tk20. You will be automatically logged in to your account when you are logged into Web Central.
The Tk20 subscription cost of $103 is one-time only. Please see the note below about refunds.
Once subscribed, it may take two to three business days for your subscription to become active. Please make sure to subscribe in plenty of time to get oriented to the system and to complete your key assignments and applications. Online training materials have been organized to orient you to Tk20. The Tk20 website also provides answers to frequently asked questions under the HELP tab.
One of the greatest benefits of the Tk20 system for students and alumni is the ability to create a professional electronic portfolio by using the Tk20 Presentation Portfolio module. You can use the portfolio module to showcase academic achievements and create portfolios that can be shared with potential employers or colleagues — all from the convenience of a centralized online location that is fully customizable and accessible 24/7. You can continue to create professional e-portfolios for job interviews and to show growth over time for tenure or other purposes. Your TK20 portfolio will be accessible for 10 years after date of purchase.
Tk20 will offer refunds for student subscriptions as per the following policy. To qualify for a refund your account must be completely unused.
- For accounts completely unused, and a refund is requested within 30 days of purchase: Full refund.
- For accounts completely unused, and a refund is requested between 31 days and six months of purchase: 50% refund.
- No refunds will be issued after six months of purchase under any condition.
If you feel that you are eligible for a refund, e-mail your Tk20 unit administrator. The administrator can contact Tk20 directly and initiate the refund process.
- Tk20 help desk: 718.951.5000, ext. 5214
- Helen Spencer: 718.951.5000, ext. 3946
- Brooklyn College Tk20 help desk: firstname.lastname@example.org