School Psychology, Counseling and Leadership
Preparing professionals to support children and adolescents' development in schools and diverse community settings
In their practice, our graduates integrate professional competence, self-knowledge and awareness of children and youths' strengths, needs and emerging identities. Embracing advocacy as a professional ethos, our graduates promote learning and healthy outcomes for individuals, families and school communities.
The Department of School Psychology, Counseling and Leadership (SPCL) offers New York State Education Department (NYSED) Registered Programs in:
- School Psychology, School Psychology — Bilingual Extension
- School Counseling, School Counseling — Bilingual Extension
- Advanced Certificate in School Counseling
- School Building and School District Educational Leadership — Dual Certification
- Advanced Certificate in Play Therapy
In addition to our nationally recognized graduate programs, the department offers professional development opportunities through the Center for Child and Adult Development for individuals working with children and families in diverse school and community settings.
Department Chairperson: Bursztyn, Alberto
Location: 1107 James Hall