Early Childhood Center Programs
The Early Childhood Center (ECC) Programs at Brooklyn College was established in 1953 as the laboratory school of the School of Education. The center provides a space for students to explore questions of child development and to study the contributions of educational, social, and cultural environments to children's growth. Parents and other family members are actively involved in their children's education.
The Early Childhood Center Programs offer day programs for infants, toddlers and preschool-age children as well as after-school programs for children from infants through elementary school years. The ECC also offers instructional, observational and research opportunities for students and faculty at Brooklyn College and throughout CUNY.
Only children whose parents or legal guardians are registered Brooklyn College students can be accepted into the ECC Programs, with the exception of our Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program. Priority registration is provided to children of full-time matriculated Pell-eligible students and military-connected student whose academic schedules require full-time care. Fees for student-parents may be as little as $5 per week for qualifying families based on household income and family size.
Maximum Student-Parent Fees Per Week
Day Program: Day Programs are full days, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Infants (4 – 12 months): $89
- Toddler (1 – 2.11 years): $85
- Preschool (3 – 3.11): $64.75
- Universal Pre-Kindergarten — Free for children who are four years old. (All UPK seats are tentative until the NYC Department of Education gives official notification of the number and type of seats we will have for the upcoming school year.)
Maximum Student-Parent Fees Per Hour (Monday – Thursday)
PM Extended Day Programs: Our extended day programs are flexible times Monday – Thursday
- Infants (4 – 12 months): 3 – 5 p.m.: $5 per hour
- Toddler (1 – 1.6 years): 3 – 6 p.m.: $5 per hour
- Toddler (1.7 – 2.8 years): 3 – 6 p.m.: $4.50 per hour
- Preschool (2.9 – 5 years): 3 – 6 p.m.: $4 per hour
- Application Form (pdf)
This application is the first step toward enrolling your child in our programs. Your application will be placed on our wait list and will be kept active for one year (July–June). When a space is available, you will be informed of the application process and necessary paperwork needed. In the event that you refuse the available space, your application will be removed from our wait list. Applications for the current school year will be accepted beginning March 14, 2016.
1604 James Hall