Jumpstart is a national early education organization that recruits and trains college students and community Corps members to serve preschool children in low-income neighborhoods. Our proven curriculum helps children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for kindergarten, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap.
Become a Brooklyn College Jumpstart Corps Member
- Work with preschool children on reading, writing and social skills.
- Earn Federal Work Study (if eligible) or course credit,
- Serve 10 to 12 hours per week with a team of Brooklyn College students.
- Receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $1,195 following your service.
- Receive professional training in early education and civic engagement.
- Join a diverse service network, including more than 20,000 dedicated alumni.
You may apply online (rolling acceptance) on the Jumpstart website.