Play Therapy Project
Advanced Certificate in Play Therapy Program
- Advanced Certificate in Play Therapy Program (pdf)
- Play Therapy in Diverse Urban Schools (pdf)
- Advanced Certificate Program in Play Therapy Requirements
The Play Therapy Program Sequence begins soon with Summer Session I, May 31 - July 12. Apply online on the Brooklyn College website - current CUNY students should contact SPCL@brooklyn.cuny.edu for alternate application.
Apply Now for Summer Session I
We are currently accepting applications for Summer Session I. The program offers a one-year New York State Education Department approved sequence of four courses for a total of 16 credits that provide background in play therapy and to develop proficiency in the practice and supervision of play therapy with diverse populations.
The Advanced Certificate in Play Therapy Program one-year program is designed to enrich the work of clinical practitioners and professionals in various disciplines by introducing them to play therapy principles, theories, and applied techniques. You can expect to enhance your applied professional practice and develop more effective ways of interacting with children and families. Classes emphasize experiential process and applied practice, and focus on case material and seminar discussion of relevant readings. The sequence follows:
- Summer Session I (May 31 - July 12, 2016): SPCL7946 — Historical, Theoretical and Social Foundations of Play Therapy, MW 6 - 9:40 p.m.
- Fall 2016: SPCL 7947 — Play Therapy Methods and Approaches
- Spring 2017: SPCL 7948 — Play Therapy Applications for Special Populations
- Summer Session I (June 2017): SPCL 7949 — Advanced Seminar in Play Therapy Practice and Supervision
Note that class schedules are subject to change. The Advanced Certificate in Play Therapy Program follows the Brooklyn College Schedule of Classes for class meeting dates.
NOTE: If you are currently attending Brooklyn College or another CUNY college, contact Francine Ward or stop by 1107 James Hall to inquire about facilitated application. If you are not currently matriculated in a CUNY college, you may apply online.
Admitted students will receive an e-mail with the registration code and directions on how to register in CUNYfirst. To enroll, you will need to claim your CUNYfirst account.
If you have not already set up your Blackboard account, log in to the Brooklyn College WebCentral Portal. Your Blackboard account is under the "Academics" tab.
If you have any further questions about registration, contact Francine Ward via e-mail or at 718.951.5876.