The courses and workshops below are available through our Specialized Programs office.
Course Work for Additional Certification
- Summer Institute: Students With Disabilities or Gifted and Talented Course Work (pdf), July 9–22, 2017, at the University of Puerto Rico. Be sure to follow the Instructions for Additional Certification.
- Students With Disabilities (pdf)
- Gifted Education (pdf)
- Advanced Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders (this is not a New York State certification area)
Mandated Workshop Sessions
- School Violence Prevention and Identification and Reporting of Child Abuse (pdf)
- Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) Workshop on Training on the Social Patterns of Harassment, Bullying, and Discrimination (pdf)
- Needs of Children With Autism (pdf). Note that this workshop is needed for New York State certification only if you are applying for:
- certification to teach speech-language pathology and have not completed course SPE 7317 or 7319, or
- certification to teach students with disabilities or speech and language disabilities and you completed a program before September 1, 2009, or
- additional certification to teach students with disabilities and you are not in a bachelor's or master's program leading to certification to teach students with disabilities.
Courses for additional credit
- Human Tracks in the Urban Landscape: A practicum in art, technology and the environment, July 17–27, 2017. Three graduate credits in Art education: ECAE 7546 or Science & Environment, CBSE 7317 or Science education, and SEED 7317.
Nancy J. Tinevra, Director
2201 James Hall
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210