Unless a prerequisite is specific, students may apply graduate or undergraduate courses toward fulfillment of that prerequisite.
Candidates for a master's degree in another department may take courses in English on the 7000 level with permission of the deputy chairperson of the English Department.
The college has recently transitioned to a new course numbering system in preparation for the migration to the CUNYfirst platform. Old course numbers are provided in the parenthesis after the "/" symbol.
- Comparative Literature of the Medieval Period (CMLT 7130X)
- Comparative Literature 1500-1800 (CMLT 7230X)
- Comparative Literature 1800-1900 (CMLT 7330X)
- Comparative Literature 1900-present (CMLT 7430X)
- Studies in Literary Periods (CMLT 7701X / CMPLT 706.1)
- Studies in Literary Genres (CMLT 7702X / CMPLT 707.1)
- Studies in Special Authors (CMLT 7703X / CMPLT 708.1)