Important Dates and Deadlines
Welcome to another semester in the graduate program of the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures. We encourage you to visit this page often for ongoing changes and information on deadlines, examinations, reading lists, requirements, etc. The website will be updated each semester with important information. All dates are also available on the Brooklyn College Public Academic Calendar.
Spring 2014 Dates and Deadlines
- Jan. 27: First day to file online for Comprehensive Exams (M.A. French teacher and M.A. Spanish teacher candidates file with the School of Education, 2105 James Hall). The last day to file is Feb. 23, 2014.
- Feb. 4: Last day to register online for maintenance of matriculation.
- Feb. 14: Last date to file a thesis title for a February 2014 master's degree.
- Feb. 20: Last day to apply online for the Comprehensive Examination (M.A. French teacher and M.A. Spanish teacher candidates file with the School of Education, 2105 James Hall). See the French and Spanish M.A. and M.A.T. reading list and exam description.
- March 14: Last date to file online for spring 2014 graduation. The spring graduation date is May 28.
- May 8: Last day to file copies of the approved thesis for June 2014 master's degree. The copies should be accompanied by a form, "Approval of Thesis/Master Recital/M.F.A. Project," which must be signed by your mentor. Before beginning your thesis, read the online guide from the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures.
Application forms may be obtained via the BC WebCentral Portal. Click on "E-services" and then on "Forms."