M.A. in International Affairs
Prepare for careers in international affairs, development, government agencies, international organizations, nonprofit organizations, public education and the private sector — or move on to law school or doctoral programs in the social sciences.
Engage in U.N. activities, including participation in the special research unit for the U.N.'s Special Rapporteur on human rights in Iran, as well as other internship opportunities at government agencies and international organizations in New York.
- Deadlines: Dec. 15 for spring 2016; April 1 for fall 2016
M.A. in Urban Politics and Administration
Prepare for careers in policy-relevant fields in urban settings covering labor, race, ethnicity, immigration, urban planning, local elections and public education — or move on to law school or doctoral programs in the social sciences.
Engage in professional opportunities in government agencies, nonprofit organizations, community-based organizations and unions through an extensive internship program in New York.
- Deadline: Dec. 15 for fall 2016
Washington Monthly recently ranked Brooklyn College the #1 "best bang for the buck" college in the United States. Many of the reasons for that accolade are reflected in the master's programs in political science, both of which include:
- Comprehensive program with small classes — seminars, professional development and independent study
- Flexible program, either part- or full-time study, with completion in one to two years and most classes in the evening
- Extensive financial support
- Renowned faculty engaged in cutting-edge research with real-world application
- A diverse student body from all over the world
For more information, including admission requirements, view our Programs.