Founding Faculty Committee
Gertrud Lenzer, Director
Children and Youth Studies/ Sociology
Gail B. Gurland
Speech Communication Arts and Sciences
Betty Wolder Levin
Health and Nutrition Sciences
Roni L. Natov
Maria Perez y Gonzales
Puerto Rican and Latino Studies
News and Media
All files are in pdf format, unless otherwise noted. Please note that the Children and Youth Studies Program was formerly known as Children's Studies.
- 2002 — "Children's Studies and the Human Rights of Children: Toward a Unified Approach," by Gertrud Lenzer in Children as Equals
- 2000 — "Children's Studies: Beginnings and Purposes,"The Lion and The Unicorn by Gertrud Lenzer
- 1998 — "The Importance of Children's Rights Programs in Academic Institutions," by Gertrud Lenzer in Loyola Poverty Law Journal, Volume 4, 1998
- 1998 — The Dallas Morning News Q&A with Gertrud Lenzer
- 1998 — The New York Times Cites Gertrud Lenzer as founding "a pioneering program in 'children's studies'"
- 1997 — National Child Labor Committee Profile on Gertrud Lenzer, recipient of the 1997 Lewis Hines Award, and founding director of the Children's Studies Program and Center
- 1996 — "Children's Studies and the Arts and Sciences: Recent Trends," by Gertrud Lenzer in Understanding Children's Rights. Collected papers presented at University of Ghent.
- 1996 — The Chronicle of Higher Education This article features the Children's Studies Program and Gertrud Lenzer
- 1996 — CHILDNEWS The new interdisciplinary program in children's studies is discussed alongside the creation of the Children's Studies Center
- 1994 — CHILDNEWS Features announcements made by Gertrud Lenzer, including the establishment of children's studies as an interdisciplinary program at Brooklyn College