Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) Honor Society
Alpha Nu Chapter
Alpha Nu, established in May 2001, is the Brooklyn College chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE), the national honor society for opportunity program students. XAE was organized in 1989 as a response to an increased need to acknowledge the continued success of students who share similar experiences and could serve as significant models for others who utilize academic development programs. Membership recognizes overall outstanding academic achievements of students admitted to colleges and universities through non-traditional criteria or who utilize developmental and educational support services.
- To promote continued high academic standards
- To foster increased communication among its members
- To honor the academic excellence of those students admitted to college via developmental program pathways
- A 3.00 cumulative GPA for two consecutive full-time semesters
- Students admitted to Brooklyn College through the Percy Ellis Sutton SEEK Program