DEP II - Previous FIPSE Grant
The goals of the project were two-fold:
- To develop on each campus a curriculum for remedial and developmental students in opportunity programs that respond to and provide seamless transitions to each college's core or general education requirements. The goal requires each participating institution to develop a curriculum using the strategies of Critical Inquiry, multicultural approaches and core curriculum or general education materials.
- To replicate the model of the curriculum process implemented at Brooklyn College through its current FIPSE grant, “The Developmental Education Program: Making the Core a Reality for Disadvantaged Students,” at other campuses of the City and State University of New York.
- To provide and train faculty for each of two campuses in a curriculum development process.
- To implement at each campus a faculty curriculum development seminar.
- To develop at each campus a model curriculum.
- To pilot at each campus such a curriculum.
- To enable campuses to share and learn from one another's curriculum development and implementation processes.
- To evaluate the success of the students in the new curriculum.
- To evaluate the faculty experience in the curriculum development process.
- To disseminate the results of these curricular objectives to other campuses of the City University of New York and State University of New York, and other colleges and universities.