A minimum CAA (College Admissions Average) of 81 and a minimum combined SAT score of 1000 in reading and math is required.
Applicants are considered for admission on the basis of:
- High school academic average
- SAT scores
- GED scores
You must have one of the following:
- Official transcript from an accredited high school, or
- GED diploma with scores.
A high school certificate is not acceptable.
Recommended Academic Preparation
It is recommended that preparation for baccalaureate study include the following high school academic units:
- English: four units.
- Social studies: four units.
- Foreign language: three units of one foreign language: French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Latin, Russian, Spanish or another acceptable foreign language.
- Mathematics: three units consisting of one unit of elementary algebra (9th-year mathematics), one unit of plane geometry (10th-year mathematics) and one unit of intermediate algebra and trigonometry (11th-year mathematics); or Courses I, II and III of the New York State Sequential (integrated) Mathematics Curriculum.
- Science: three units consisting of one unit of any of the following: general biology, general science, chemistry, physics, physiography or earth science, advanced biology, botany, or zoology. (It is recommended that students intending to major in a math- or science-related area have four units each of science and math.)
- Regular academic subjects and any other subjects credited in a recognized high school: four units.