Do I have to file for readmission?

Brooklyn College students who have not been in attendance for two consecutive terms or more have to readmit.

If you were accepted to but never attended Brooklyn College or attended only as a visiting/e-permit student or high school student, you cannot be readmitted. You must go through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to continue at the college.

If you were a matriculated graduate student who was accepted into a program but never attended or attended only as a visiting student or UFT student, you will need to continue the process through the Office of Graduate Admissions. If you wish to readmit into a different program or change your matriculation status, you will need to submit your application through Graduate Admissions.

If you were accepted to the college as a graduate nonmatriculated/nondegree student and wish to continue taking courses at the college, you must go through Graduate Admissions.

Where do I file the application?

The Enrollment Services Center will accept your application, first floor, West Quad Center, or you may mail it to:

Brooklyn College
Office of the Registrar
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210
Attn: Readmission

Is there a deadline?

Yes. The deadlines are listed on the first page of the application screen. Students who wish to be eligible for early registration should submit their application five months prior to the first day of classes.

Undergraduate students who have a GPA below 2.00 at Brooklyn College must submit an application 12 months prior to the first day of classes and attend a mandatory workshop. All students with a GPA below the requirement must also submit with their application a petition through Academic Standing. A committee will review the petition and make its decision as to your reacceptance.

Matriculated graduate students who have a GPA below 3.00 at Brooklyn College must submit their application no later than one month prior to the first day of classes. All students with a GPA below the requirement must have their chairperson/program head sign off their readmission application.

What should I do if my GPA is below the school requirements?

Students are advised to review their transcript for possible grade changes. Such options as F-grade replacement, the pass option for Core courses and petitions for removal of WU grades may be available, depending on your academic record. You may be able to submit these forms and have the negative grades removed from your GPA.

Is there a fee?

A readmission fee of $20 must be paid at the time of submission. This fee is payable by check or money order, if you submit via the mailing process. If the application is submitted in person, the Bursar's Office will accept cash. The fee is a nonrefundable processing fee and cannot be transferred to another semester once the application has been processed.

I attended a different school during my absence from the college. How do I get the transfer credits on my record?

An official transcript must be submitted for each college you attended during your absence to the Transfer Student Services Center. Omission of or inaccurate information may delay or affect your ability to transfer credits into Brooklyn College. Students who are returning with a GPA below 2.00 from another college may be denied transfer credits.

I graduated from Brooklyn College and wish to return and take some additional courses. Do I readmit or do I have to submit a new application through the Admissions Office?

Undergraduate/Graduate students are required to submit a new application through the Office of Admissions and be reclassified.

I was accepted as a graduate student under a provisional status. Should I readmit?

Graduate students who were accepted under a provisional status may not readmit. You must complete your graduate application through the Office of Graduate Admissions.

Am I eligible to register once I have submitted my application? Are students denied re-acceptance into the college?

Readmission space is limited. Submission of the application does not automatically guarantee re-acceptance into Brooklyn College. The Readmission Office must review your record for GPA, residency and immunization requirements, service indicators, test scores and student group assignments. If you were a participant in a special program, we must wait until the program head notifies us of your re-acceptance or denial into the program.

How do I know if I have been readmitted, and how do I register?

We will send you an e-mail/letter with instructions on how to log into CUNYfirst and view your registration information.. You will be able to register via the Web unless you participated in the SEEK program or ESL program. These programs will assign you a special registration appointment for advisement and in-person registration.

What if I am having problems registering?

Undergraduate students may make an appointment with the Center for Academic Advisement and Student Success for counseling and advisement on course requirements.

Graduate students are advised to speak to their graduate deputy advisers for counseling and advisement on course requirements.

If you are having technical problems with the registration function, please contact the Office of the Registrar, 718.951.5441. You may also visit the Enrollment Services Center, first floor, West Quad Center.