Shooting on Campus
In order to ensure a successful shoot on campus, we recommend that you take the following steps:
- Contact Philip Cruise, our external rentals coordinator, and arrange for a location scout of the campus.
- Determine dates and times, and submit content for approval. All shoots are screened by the Office of Marketing and Communications, the Division of Student Affairs and the Office of Finance Services.
- Develop a Cost Estimate and Rental Contract.
- Obtain all pertinent permits from the Mayor’s Office of Film, Theatre and Broadcasting as well as a certificate of liability insurance (with a $1 million combined single limit / $2 million general aggregate) that names the college, the City University of New York, the City of New York and the State of New York as “Additional Insured.”
- Close out payment and shooting. Payment in full is due prior to location shooting.
In keeping with our educational mission, we include students whenever a production company shoots on campus. External Rentals has partnered with the Brooklyn College Department of Film to assign a film student-intern to all on-campus shoots in order to receive hands-on training in film and television production.