Feirstein Student Organization (FSO)
Established: Fall 2015
The BIPOC Filmmakers Collective
The BIPOC Filmmakers Collective is a group of students who identify as Black, Indigenous or people of color and who express a dedication to unifying, empowering, and celebrating BIPOC filmmakers on and off campus. Our mission is to usher in higher standards of diversity, equity and inclusion as it pertains to race and ethnicity while also considering the intersections of those identities (not limited to gender, LBGTQIA+, disability and class).
Resources: Not limited to:
- Up-to-date BIPOC scholarship/grant info from Feirstein and Brooklyn College
- Up-to-date BIPOC scholarship/grant info from initiatives outside the school
- Film Competition Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
Asian and Asian American Filmmakers at Feirstein (AAAFF)
Asian and Asian American Filmmakers at Feirstein (AAAFF) is a graduate-level organization that provides resources to Brooklyn College students. Resources include a repository and network of guest speakers, talent, crew, film grants and awards, as well as advocacy for stories by and about Asians and Asian-Americans. AAAFF is also a liaison to other graduate film schools and their diasporic Asian film groups in order to share ideas and support each other in the film, television and media industries.
- Pres: Saleem Gondal, email@example.com
- VP: Kosaku Horiwaki, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Neha Gautam, email@example.com
- Treas: A. Jayawardena, firstname.lastname@example.org
Feirstein Women’s Collective (WoCo)
Established: Spring 2016
- Allie Scully email@example.com
- Alley Leinweber: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Izzy Jackson: email@example.com
Sonic Arts Student Union (SASU)
Feirstein Union of Queer Students (FUQS)
The purpose of this association shall be to provide a platform for LGBTQ-identifying students to meet, support, collaborate, and share resources with each other. Our aim to help LGBTQ students build deep and lasting connections with each other as artistic peers and to provide support for each other whenever possible. To further his mission we will engage with Brooklyn College’s community as well as New York's film institutions and queer arts community.