How to File an ePermit in CUNYfirst (To Take Courses at Another CUNY College)
Please follow the step-by-step instructions below or view this guide with screen-shots.
- Login to CUNYfirst.
- Navigate to Student Self Service: Student Center.
- Select ePermit from the drop down menu.
- Select Term and "Add ePermit with equivalent course."
- Browse Catalog for Desired Course(s).
- Find CUNY equivalents (Fetch Equivalent CUNY Courses).
- Select Course (Request ePermit Column).
- Click ePermit form (the form will appear).
- Select Permit type, add comments if neccessary, verify and submit.
- Once submitted, the status of the permit can be checked through CUNYfirst at any time by clicking "Search ePermit."
- ePermit approval does not mean a student is automatically enrolled for a course. Once an ePermit has been approved then the student must register for the courses on their own. In CUNYfirst the student will now have a term for the host CUNY school, as well as for Brooklyn College. When registering it is important to make certain that enrollment is done under the correct college and term.
- All tuition and fees for the permit courses must be paid to the home CUNY college.