How to Enroll (Register) in CUNYfirst
This action is selected when you want to add a course; see the detailed step-by-step instructions below.
This action is selected when you want to remove (or withdraw) from a course. Make sure to consult the academic calendar for drop and withdrawal dates.
This action is used to exchange one course for another. This action will not allow the first course to drop unless the second course can be added. If the second course returns any error, the first course will not be dropped. This is the only way course changes should be attempted; doing so via individual enroll and drop actions can result in the loss of classes.
Steps to Enroll in Courses
- Log in to CUNYfirst by entering your username and password.
- From the Enterprise Menu on the left side select "HR / Campus Solutions."
- Select "Self-Service."
- Select "Student Center."
- Under Academics select "Enroll."
- Click on "Search for Classes" (see How to Search for Classes in CUNYfirst).
- Change the term to the term you wish to register for.
- Look for "Find Classes" and make sure that "Class Search" is selected.
- Search for classes by department.
- Choose your desired class by clicking "Select Class."
- Click "Next."
- The course will be placed in your shopping cart.
- Repeat until you have selected all your desired classes (see Tip #2).
- Go to shopping cart and click "Enroll."
- Click "Proceed to Step 2 of 3."
- Click "Finish Enrolling."
CUNYfirst does not support Google Chrome; use Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari. Confirm the browser is set to allow pop-ups from the CUNYfirst site.
Adding a class to your shopping cart does not hold an open seat. To complete the registration for each class as you select it, click "Enroll" after adding each class to your shopping cart. Repeat as necessary until you have completed your registration.
For information and FAQ on CUNYfirst, log on to the BC WebCentral Portal, select CUNYfirst from the left-hand navigational menu, and then select desired topic from the drop-down menu.