The president is the highest-ranking officer at Brooklyn College. The president is responsible for maintaining educational standards and advancing the academic mission of the college. She serves the chancellor of the City University of New York as his adviser and executive agent on campus.
The president oversees the seven major administrative divisions of the college:
- Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Office of the Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Office of the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Office of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Executive Director of the Brooklyn College Foundation
- Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Office of the Executive Director of Government and External Affairs
- Office of the Assistant Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
The president also oversees the Office of Diversity and Equity Programs, and the Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts.
Brooklyn College will welcome Michelle Anderson as our tenth president on August 1.