Center for Academic Advisement and Student Success
The mission of the Center for Academic Advisement and Student Success (CAASS) is to assist undergraduate students in establishing, monitoring and achieving graduation requirements. We provide student-focused, developmental advisement in an environment that recognizes the unique spirit and individuality of each student. We work with academic departments and administrative offices to develop and maintain a coordinated and comprehensive approach toward advisement.
General Office Hours (subject to change)*
- Monday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., appointment
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., express session advisement
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., appointment
- Thursday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., express session advisement
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., appointment
*Office hours for the week of January 26th, 2015
- Monday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., appointment
- Tuesday: College Closed due to inclement weather
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., express session advisement
- Thursday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., express session advisement
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., express session advisement
Express Sessions Advisement versus Appointment Advisement
Express sessions allow students to visit the office and choose an available 15-minute advisement slot for the same day. Students may then leave to attend class or perform errands, and return later that day at their appointed time, thus eliminating any waiting time. Slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Traditional appointments can be made ahead of time online via the BC Portal. Appointments are 30 minutes long and should be made for in-depth academic planning.