Students relax with their friends on our two Quads – our campus living rooms.

During Unity Week, students learn about the different cultures at Brooklyn College.

Movie Night keeps our campus lively even after sundown.

Our students enjoy the abundance of opportunities to socialize.

Students gain a greater understanding of our campus diversity during Unity Week.

Division of Student Affairs

What is the one thing every Brooklyn College student should have on reserve? A copy of the Brooklyn College Student Handbook. Use it like a "tool kit" to build your cocurricular experience. If you would like a hard copy of the handbook, visit the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, 2113 Boylan Hall. You may also use the BC Guidepost publication as your guide to campus life and student services.

Additionally, the Experiential Curriculum provides you with an annual guide to activities and services available to you. An Experiential Curriculum is available for both undergraduate and graduate students.

Frequently Asked Questions

I need help and am not sure where to go. Who should I contact?

Student Referral Office (SRO) can help direct you.

How can I get involved on campus?

For clubs and organizations, visit Student Activities Central. The Civic Engagement Office also has many programs.

Where can I volunteer or log my current volunteer activities? Who can help me?

The SERVA program can help you with both.

Where can I get a Dean's Certification/Verification Letter or Letter of (non-academic) Good Standing?

The Judicial Affairs Office can help you.

Where can I get information on Student Government?

The Programming, Assessment and Training Office (PAT) can help.

Where can I get information on Commencement?

The college website has information on Commencement.

Who can help me plan an activity on the Quads?

If you are part of a club or organization, start by talking to your liaison in Student Activities Central. Also, review the procedures for the use of the Quads and other campus spaces.

Is there a place on campus to get help if I'm not feeling well?

For free medical services, visit the Health Clinic. If you are anxious or depressed, consult Personal Counseling. For emergency medical care, contact the BC Emergency Medical Squad (BC-EMS).

Is there a place to exercise? How about joining a sports team?

Consult the Office of Recreation, Intramurals, and Intercollegiate Athletics.