How Alumni Can Help the Magner Center
To remain competitive, our students need to prepare for their careers by completing one or more internships by the time they graduate. Students who lack financial resources need assistance in order to afford to take high-quality internships. We are looking for:
- Internships Opportunities — Providing internships, ideally paid, is an especially helpful way of giving students the opportunity to remain competitive for top-level jobs.
- Internship Stipends — Providing monetary gifts or stipends that enable students to take the internships they need is a great way to help. Without this support, many students would be unable to leave their part-time jobs to take needed internships.
Mentors from organizations such as Z100, Goldman Sachs, ESPN, NYC DOE, U.S. Department of State, PwC and FEGS have played a important role in impacting Brooklyn College student's careers and their lives. Being a mentor can range from answering questions about a student's upcoming interview to questions about your career path. To start making a difference in a student's life, complete your profile on the Ways Alumni Can Help form and join our Alumni & Student Professional Networking Group on LinkedIin. For more information on becoming a mentor, contact Zavi Gunn at ZGunn@brooklyn.cuny.edu and review our frequently asked questions.
Career Panels / Company Visits / Professional Skills Training
Join other successful alumni from organizations including the NY Knicks, Johnson & Johnson, New York Methodist, Lord and Taylor, Viacom, KPMG, Tiffany's, Amazon, JP Morgan, Penguin Books, NYS Dept. of Labor by coming back to campus to speak with students about your career success. Access to professionals gives students the invaluable advice they need to prepare for life after college. Alumni success stories remind students that their own success is possible. Become part of a panel discussion or a roundtable, or visit classes in your field.
Alumni are a major source of job leads for Brooklyn College students and recent graduates.
- Contact Fred Balsam at FBalsam@brooklyn.cuny.edu — Post your job opportunities on eRecruiting to reach hundreds of highly qualified Brooklyn College students directly.
- Attend the Brooklyn College Job Fairs — Represent your company at one of our job fairs and meet qualified students to fulfill your company's needs. Over 1,000 students attend our job fairs annually.
- Recruit on and off campus — Participate in the special Recruitment Program that enables companies to recruit Brooklyn College students who have been prepared for the job search.