In fall 2013 Brooklyn College embarks on a new general education curriculum called Pathways that gives students a clear path to graduation. Pathways courses will be accepted at all CUNY schools, making it easy to transfer within the CUNY system. This means that once a student has met a Pathways requirement at one CUNY college, that requirement is fulfilled at every other CUNY college. For more information, visit the CUNY Pathways website.
The Pathways curriculum consists of three components — Required Core (four courses), Flexible Core (six courses) and College Option (four courses) — totaling 42 credits.
How does Pathways affect you?
- Entering freshmen for fall 2013
- Entering transfer students for fall 2013
- Continuing students enrolled at Brooklyn College
- Returning Brooklyn College students who were absent for one semester (follow the same guidelines as continuing students)
- Returning Brooklyn College students who were absent for two semesters or more (follow the same guidelines as fall 2013 entering freshmen)