In fall 2013 Brooklyn College embarks on a new general education curriculum called Pathways that gives students a clear path to graduation. Pathways courses will be accepted at all CUNY schools, making it easy to transfer within the CUNY system. This means that once a student has met a Pathways requirement at one CUNY college, that requirement is fulfilled at every other CUNY college. For more information, visit the CUNY Pathways website, or the CUNY Pathways Student Rights and Responsibilities page.
The Pathways curriculum consists of three components — Required Core (four courses), Flexible Core (six courses) and College Option (four courses) — totaling 42 credits.
How does Pathways affect you?
- Entering freshmen for fall 2013
- Entering transfer students for fall 2013
- Continuing students enrolled at Brooklyn College
- Returning Brooklyn College students who were absent for one semester (follow the same guidelines as continuing students)
- Returning Brooklyn College students who were absent for two semesters or more (follow the same guidelines as fall 2013 entering freshmen)